The Holidays have come to a close, and the return to school begins. If your New Year’s resolution includes becoming a better cook, or even just reducing your diet of fast-food, then let us provide some suggestions for some kitchen essentials.
• Utensils – veggie peelers, measuring cups, can openers, spatulas, tongs, a utility knife and mixing bowls are all essential to the creation of your next culinary masterpiece. Getting stocked up doesn’t mean breaking the piggy bank – check out the dollar store or Walmart for everything you need.
• Coffee Makers/Kettles – both appliances are reasonably priced, easy to find, and become huge money savers. Instead of spending a few dollars every day on a morning coffee or tea, which inevitably adds up over the year, invest in a cheaper way to get your caffeine.
• Tupperware – what’s better than making a delicious dinner? Eating leftovers for lunch the next day! It’s easy to reduce the amount of money you spend in the cafeteria.
• A large frying pan – being able to cook rice, noodles, and stir fries in a large vessel is a great way to cook healthier meals in large quantities. You can cook for your roommates or save some food for dinner the next day.
• Baking sheets – there are lots of recipes for easy dinners or baked goods that can be popped into the oven with sheets. Grab a couple and start looking up recipes!
• Cleaning supplies –you can’t get away with this one. Don’t attract pests and keep your surfaces sanitary.
If you’re on the search for your next student rental, visit our website at http://www.panadew.ca/property_type/student-rentals or check out our Facebook page for available rentals.