Whether you plan on going home for Christmas, or sticking it out near campus for the holidays, it never hurts to brighten up your space with some Christmas décor and join in on the festivities! Student budgets aren’t always equipped for how pricey the holidays can get, but don’t get your Christmas lights in a knot! There are plenty of ways to get in the spirit of the season in budget-friendly and creative ways:
• Don’t forget about the dollar store: ornaments, garland, make-your-own wreaths, stockings, and all-around holiday décor exist at a fraction of the cost of big department stores.
• Check Kijiji and second-hand stores for a Christmas tree, or early in the season, run to a garden centre for real miniature pine trees that are more affordable than full-size trees.
• Bake your favourite holiday cookies! Who doesn’t love the scent of holiday baking in the air?
• Check out local craft sales and vendors when shopping for presents. Supporting local artists and purchasing unique gifts? What could be better?
• Don’t be afraid to think outside the box – make a Christmas tree out of textbooks or cut snowflakes out of old notes! Check out Pinterest for inspiration.
• Go in an old-fashioned direction and string popcorn with cranberries to hang on a tree or through the living room.
• Take advantage of your student discount and go see ‘The Grinch’ in theatres.
Enjoy this time with family and friends! Panadew Property Management wishes you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Visit our website at http://www.panadew.ca/property_type/student-rentals or our Facebook page if you are looking for your next rental in the New Year.