The fall semester is underway! The tell-tale signs are everywhere: libraries are full, campuses are busy, and pumpkin spice lattes are in every direction. While tuition fees can be pricey, student life doesn’t have to be! Here are some ideas on keeping costs low:
• Join the Queen’s Textbook Exchange Facebook group to find used textbooks at a much more reasonable cost.
• Look for rental units that accommodate more than one person and find a roommate. Rental fees split with two or more people are more reasonable than carrying the burden alone.
• Use that Kingston bus pass! Full-time Queen’s and St. Lawrence students get unlimited access to the Kingston Transit bus services.
• Honour your rental contract- avoid unnecessary late fees and paying for maintenance services by paying your bills on time, and by keeping your rental unit clean and tidy!
• Use Kijiji, Facebook Marketplace and second-hand stores to find furniture, décor, and school supplies. Maybe check out some Youtube DIY project tutorials and get creative!
• Check out https://www.visitkingston.ca/ to find free entertaining events happening near campus, like music acts at Musiikki Café, the Memorial Centre’s Farmers’ Market, or tree planting at Lemoine Point Conservation Area!
When you’re ready to find your next affordable living space, visit our website at www.panadew.ca/available-rentals or check out our Facebook page.