It’s almost time to put your toques and gloves away! On March 21st, Kingstonians can breathe a sigh of relief as winter will be officially over. If you’ve been cooped up all winter, and have been looking for an excuse to get out the house, here are some ideas for a fun day:
1. No one should miss Maple Madness at the Little Cataraqui Conservation Area. This family-friendly event lasts through March Break and gives a fascinating glimpse into how maple syrup is made. Enjoy a pancake breakfast, tree tapping demonstrations and a tractor-drawn hay ride.
2. Enjoy free admission to the City of Kingston’s greenhouse between 2 and 4 p.m. on March 3rd & 10th. Spring bulbs and tropical plants will be on display. Get into the spring spirit!
3. Check out the Kingston Home and Cottage Show at the Kingston 1000 Islands Sportsplex on March 20-22nd. It’s promoted as the largest Home and Cottage Show between Toronto and Ottawa – just in time for the spring market!
4. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at your favourite Irish pub.
5. Learn to curl on March 16th at the Royal Kingston Curling Club for $15 between 3-5 p.m. It’s never too late to learn a new skill.
6. If you’re looking for entertainment, the Blue Man Group will perform at the Leon’s Centre from March 21st to 24th.
For other local highlights, rental tips, or to find your next apartment, visit our website at https://www.panadew.ca/available-rentals or check out our Facebook page for available rentals.